Y Bwthyn is a beautifully designed bohemian bolthole centrally located, offers all the romance and luxury of a boutique hotel, but with the space and privacy of your home. With some original features, Y Bwthyn exudes a creative style and comfort throughout and is the perfect place to return to after a day exploring the nearby beaches or coastal walks.
★ 25% Discount For Week (7day) Bookings
★ One King and One Double Bedroom
★ Off Street Parking
★ Pretty Courtyard Garden With Outdoor Furniture
★ 32 inch Smart TV
★ Fully Equipped & Stocked Kitchen
★ 5 min Drive to Nearby Laugharne or Carmarthen
★ 15 min Drive to the famous Pendine Sands
** Please note that unfortunately the log burner has been removed **
This lovely cottage is newly converted in 2021 with a unique style and relaxing ambience, and more than caters for a variety of holiday needs.
The large King characterful bedroom is spacious and has a seating area to relax with a book. There are plenty of interesting features with quirky upcycled furniture and stunning textiles. You will be guaranteed a good night sleep with the beautiful 100% linen bedding.
There is a further double bedroom with ample storage and colourful decor.
Please note - there are low level windows on the first floor making it not suitable for young children - our guidance is that it is suitable for children over 10 years old.
The welcoming open plan living room, with dark and cosy colour scheme is perfect for chilling out and watching a film on the Smart TV.
Alternatively open the French doors and let the Summer Sun flow through the open plan space in Spring and Summer.
The beautiful rustic bathroom is located on the ground floor, and has a traditional roll top bath and separate modern walk in shower. There is a wall mounted shavers socket.
The well equipped industrial style kitchen is newly fitted, with ample dining space. You will find everything you need including a fresh coffee machine.
Outdoor Space and Parking
There is a pretty courtyard garden neighbouring the main house’s garden. It is private and screened off, giving you privacy to dine al fresco or sit and soak up the Summer sun. There is one parking space for guests use.
The Local Area
St Clears is a charming town with a good choice of coffee shops, a handful of pubs and restaurants.
It is a small town perfectly located to explore Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire. It is 4 miles to Laugharne and 9 miles to Carmarthen.
Laugharne is a small town sitting on the estuary of the Taf River and offers stunning estuary walks, including the infamous Dylan Thomas Birthday Walk. There are also plenty of woodland walks and the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path starts nearby and there is easy access to the Brecon Beacons.
Carmarthen, Wales oldest town, is a market town with a large variety of independent shops and plenty of lovely eateries. One of Carmarthen’s most famous early residents was Merlin the Magician. The Welsh name for the town, “Caerfyrddin”, means Merlin’s Fort and many believe the town was named after King Arthurs wizard.
There are also a good choice of outdoor activities available in the area, ranging from horse riding, coasteering, to a variety of water sports, abseiling, orienteering, caving and gorge walking.
There are many beautiful rugged beaches in Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire, along with the more popular coastal resorts of Pendine, Saundersfoot and Tenby.
There is an abundance of interesting attractions locally, including Castles, historic houses and National Botanical Gardens to name a few.
If you are a "foodie" then there is a fantastic choice of restaurants within a 20 - 30 minute's drive ranging from Coast in Coppet Hall to Y Polyn, just 5 minutes from Carmarthen.
It’s the perfect place to get away from it all…
The guest's will have exclusive access to the entire house, please make yourself at home.
Other things to note
-Our reviews are based on previous guests experiences
-Max occupancy 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children over 10 years - this property is not suitable for young children due to the low level windows in the bedrooms. Babies in arms are welcome.
-Unfortunately this property does not accept pets
Arriving at the property
1. From the gravelled car parking area, you will access Y Bwthyn which is situated directly behind The Old Railways Stores sectioned off for privacy between bamboo fencing.
2. There are level paving slabs and gravel surrounding the cottage.
Accessing the property
1. Once you have arrived at the property, keyed entry is via the front door of the property. There is one large brick stepped area up to the front door. The step is 10cm high 100cm wide and 66cm deep.
2. The doorway is 179cm high and 78cm wide.
3. Additional access is located at the front of the property via French doors but these can only be opened from the inside first. There is a Wide and deep 5cm high brick step leading up to the French doors.
4. The doorway is 96cm wide and 192cm high.
Inside the property
1. On the ground floor of the property, there are no steps or changes in floor level.
2. The living area, kitchen and bathroom have tiled flooring with a rug in the living area.
3. There is carpet on the staircase and landing.
4. There is a reasonably steep staircase leading to the upstairs of the property. The steps have a rise of 21cm and a tread of 24 except for the first step which has a rise of 24cm. There is no handrail.
5. At the top of the stairs there is a small landing with one step leading to the left and one step leading to the right, both with a rise of 22cm and leading to the bedrooms.
The upstairs bedrooms are within the eves of the property and so there are sloping ceilings on both sides. At the highest part in the middle of the room, the headroom is 230cm high.
Wireless Broadband Internet
Accessible 24/7, Pets not allowed, Smoking not allowed and Wheelchair inaccessible
Near ocean and Village
Parking & facilities
Shared Garden and Parking available
Kitchen & dining
Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Dishwasher, Kitchen stove, Oven, Refrigerator and Toaster
Internet & office
Wireless Broadband Internet
Heating & cooling
Central heating and Heating available
Bathroom & laundry
Bathroom & Laundry, Iron & Board, Washing machine, Hair dryer, Essentials, Shower, Towel-set, Bathtub, Washbasin and Bed linen
Carbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher, First aid kit and Smoke Detector
Pets not allowed
Smoking not allowed
Check in: 02:00 PM
Check out: 10:00 AM