This delightful self-contained apartment, is located on the outskirts of the beautiful historic Township of Laugharne, and just 10 minutes drive to the beach.
★ 10 Minutes Drive From Beach
★ 25% Discount On 7 Day Or Longer Bookings
★ Off Street Parking
★ Modern Furnishing & Fittings
★ Shower Room
Enter the shared gravelled drive with parking immediately in front of the property. This modern apartment has a separate private entrance away from the main house, with an internal wooden staircase, perfect for a couples getaway.
The open plan kitchen and living room is a lovely space for chilling out of an evening, rustling up meal and chilling out in front of the TV, with comfortable leather effect sofas and 36 inch TV with Freeview you are guaranteed a cosy night in.
The kitchen is equipped with a fridge with a small freezer, oven and hob, and microwave, as well as plenty of crockery.
The Bedrooms and shower room
The cosy bedroom has a double bed, and ample storage with a concealed wardrobe area, dressing table and drawers.
The shower room is accessed through the bedroom with a walk in shower cubicle. Towels are provided.
Outside Space & Parking
There is a small area for guests to the front of the property with a bench and small bistro table. There is a small BBQ left in the entrance hall for guests to use if they wish.
There is ample off-street parking.
The Local Area
Laugharne is perhaps best known for its associations with Wales' most famous poet, Dylan Thomas, however, there is much more to Laugharne than just Dylan Thomas.
Laugharne is a small town sitting on the estuary of the Taf River and offers stunning estuary walks, including the infamous Dylan Thomas Birthday Walk. There are also plenty of woodland walks and the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path starts nearby.
It is an ancient town steeped in history, and a popular tourist destination with many great attractions in the area. With its easy accessibility to the M4, and prime location, also makes it a great base to visit Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire.
The Boathouse, where Dylan and Caitlin lived with their children, is now a heritage centre. Overlooking the estuary are the dramatic ruins of a Norman Castle, a popular visitor attraction. Laugharne has a good choice of cafes and restaurants.
There are also a good choice of outdoor activities available in the area, ranging from horse riding, coasteering, to a variety of water sports, abseiling, orienteering, caving and gorge walking.
There are many beautiful rugged beaches in Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire, along with the more popular coastal resorts of Pendine, Saundersfoot and Tenby.
There is an abundance of interesting attractions locally, including Castles, historic houses and National Botanical Gardens to name a few.
For the younger generation we are a short drive away from the likes of Folly Farm, Oakwood, Manor House Wildlife Park, Heatherton World of Activities and Dinosaur Park to name a few.
If you are a "foodie" then there is a fantastic choice of restaurants within a 20 - 30 minute's drive ranging from Coast in Coppet Hall to Y Polyn, just 5 minutes from Carmarthen.
It’s the perfect place to get away from it all…
The guest's will have exclusive access to the entire annexe and allocated outdoor space, please make yourself at home.
Other things to note
-Please remember that you’re staying in a house, not a hotel. Please treat space with respect.
-Limited phone service on Vodafone and O2 within the Laugharne area
-Our reviews are based on previous guests experiences
Arriving at the property
1. The car parking area is immediately adjacent to the first floor apartment, you will walk on gravel to the external door to a small ground floor porch leading to the stairs to the first floor apartment
2. The areas around the property are generally decorative gravel.
Inside the property
1. There is a small step to access the tiled ground floor porch of the property, which accesses the stairs to the ground floor.
2. There is a reasonably steep staircase which is a straight flight with a handrail to one side to assist access. The steps are 20cm high and 23cm deep, the stairs are 86cm wide. The stairs are timber and there are no floor coverings.
3. The first floor accommodation has a timber floor throughout with some scatter rugs and mats in various locations.
4. The first floor accommodation is within the eves of the property with sloping ceiling on both sides. At the highest part in the middle of the room there is a horizontal ceiling, with a headroom of 2.25m high. The low point at the eaves is 95cm high. There are dormer windows to one elevation which give some additional headroom to the eves.
Wireless Broadband Internet
Accessible 24/7, Children welcome, Pets not allowed, Smoking not allowed, Unsuitable for elderly or infirm and Wheelchair inaccessible
Near ocean and Town
Kitchen & dining
Charcoal grill BBQ, Cooking utensils, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator and Toaster
Parking & facilities
Private Garden and Parking available
Internet & office
Wireless Broadband Internet
Heating & cooling
Air conditioning, Central heating and Heating available
Bathroom & laundry
Bathroom & Laundry, Hair dryer, Essentials, Shower, Towel-set and Bed linen
Carbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher, First aid kit and Smoke Detector
Pets not allowed
Smoking not allowed
Unsuitable for elderly or infirm
Check in: 03:00 PM
Check out: 10:00 AM